Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bath Storytime, Friday, November 30



This is the way we wash our face...


I put on my pirate gear for this book, but in a way, that might have detracted a little -- sometimes it's better to let the book do its work, using voices, pausing, and asking interactive questions of the children to keep attention Maybe the props distract the kids sometimes. For the babies though? Don your hat and moustache and strap on your peg leg!
Use next year:  Karen Beaumont does it again with the irresistible Dini Dinosaur, who forgets to take his clothes off before getting in the tub. 
I'm a Dirty Dinosaur by Janeen Brian 









Bubble Machine

Of course the real reason to do this story time is an excuse to use your bubble machine.






Songs

To the tune of Mulberry Bush:
This is the way we wash our (head, legs, arms, for babies) and higher vocab for older groups (knees, elbows, shins, earlobes!)
I had a little turtle, his name was Tiny Tim...






To the tune of Day! Day-O! (The Banana Song)

Tub! Tubbie-O!
Tubbytime comes and I don't wanna go.
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
I got grime and slime and lots of goo.
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
The yogurt on my face is stuck like glue!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
I'm stinky and gross and kind of pee-you!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
I rub my dirty face and also shampoo!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
Splashin' in the water is always yahoo!
Time for bubbles and my rubber duck too.
Tubbie all done, now I feel brand new!
Done with the bubbles and the rubber duck too.



Library Storytime Classic: Sticky Sticky Bubblegum


I’ve seen this song done maniacally, by musicians, and I’ve seen out of turn limping versions. I like the melody and sweetness Littlestorybug puts in hers, but I think I’d amp it up a bit.



For Older Kids









No comments:

Post a Comment