- Be Glad Your Dad is Not an Octopus by Logelin. The VPKs loved this book, but this group was a bit young. And there's not much about octopi in it really.
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell! by Lucille Colandro. They always love it when you read the chorus as fast as you can.
- Larry Gets Lost Under the Sea by Eric Ode. Shortened a tiny bit, but it was a surprise big hit.
- Silly Faces. See Me...In the Ocean.
- Don't Splash the Sasquatch by Kent Redeker. I'm pretty sure the lifeguard is Hispanic. Didn't get it in time.
- Ziggy Piggy and the Three Little Pigs by Frank Asch OR 3 Squids.
- The Pop-Up Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae.
- If You Ever Want to Bring a Piano to the Beach, DON'T by Elise Parsley
- Sea & Rex by Molly Idle Cute trip to the beach with dino pal.
- Asiago at the beach
- Hush Little Beachcomber Moritz
- 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle
Penguin on VacationHarry at the Sea by Gene Zion
SongsThe Waves on the Sea (To The Wheels on the Bus)Four Little Fishes
The waves on the sea go up and down, up and down, up and down, the waves on the sea go up and down all day long.
The shark in the sea goes snap snap snap...
The fish in the sea go swish swish swish...
The boats in the sea go toot toot toot....
The gulls on the sea go swoop swoop swoop....
The babies on the sea go splash splash splash...
The divers on the sea dive deep deep down...1 little, 2 little, 3 little fishies, 4 little, 5 little, 6 little fishies, 7 little, 8 little, 9 little fishies, ten little fish swimming in the big blue sea. 9 little, 8 little, 7 little fishies, 6 little, 5 little, 4 little fishies, 3 little, 2 little, 1 little fishies, all the fishies swimming back to the sea. Watch out for the sharks!
- Over on the beach in the sand and the sunLived a big mama turtle and her little turtle oneDig said the mamaI dig, said the oneAnd they swam all day in the sand and the sun.Over on the beach where the waves lap so blueLived a mama seagull and her seagulls twoSquawk! Said the mamaWe squawk! Said the twoAnd they squawked all day where the waves lap so blue.Over on the beach near the tall palm treeLived a little sandcrabAnd her baby sandcrabs threeCrawl! Said the sandcrab! We crawl said the threeAnd they crawled all day by the tall palm tree.Over on the beach on the sand by the shoreLived a mama pelicanAnd her pelicans fourSwoop! Said the mama. We swoop! said the four.And they swooped all day on the sand by the shore.Over in the water where the dolphins like to diveLived a big mama fish and her baby fish five.Swim! Said the mama.
We swim! Said the five. So they swam all day where the dolphins like to dive.
- Sailing Out to Sea on My One Little Sailboat
- Story Time Secrets by Katie Fitzgerald. Here we link to a lovely little song about sailing, including the fingerplay, perfect for two and three year olds. Here's a link to a template for five little sailboats. (I just printed out on 5 different colors of paper.) Very nice but not that popular.
- 2016: We just did fish pictures (I showed them how to do a fish) with lots of seaweed in scribbled crayon, then I showed them how to do watercolor resist on top.